Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013
I got inspired by Tim Holtz’s new “12 Tags of 2013” I haven’t posted in so long. It’s good to get the creative juices flowing again. Here’s the tag I came up with.
I went through so many changes on this; I wanted to outline the steps. First I stamped some clock images on the tag and then I adhered some of the gears I cut out of vintage looking light paper with Tim’s “Gadget Gears” die. I also cut out a 1 1/2″ X 3″ rectangle, and adhered a piece of 2″ X 3″ vintage paper on the bottom. I cut out an additional small gear because I knew I was going to use it “somewhere”.
Next I used Tim’s Tea Dye Distressed Ink and rubbed it over the tag right from the stamp pad.
I wanted to add some color so I put a dot stencil over the tag on the bottom and sprayed Dylusions London Blue ink spray over it. I removed the stencil, turned it around and stamped the top left with the remaining ink on the back of the stencil.
I sprayed some of the blue ink on the non-stick craft sheet, diluted it with water and rubbed the bottom of the small rectangle in it. I also rubbed some of the “Tea Dye” distress ink over the extra small gear. This time I used Tim’s applicator to rub it on.
Next I painted DecoArt gesso over the entire tag and rectangle and let it dry. I like the way the gesso didn’t cover everything completely. I think it’s because of the special properties of the distress inks.
I stamped the clock shapes over the tag again. I also stamped the clock shape on the gear and rectangle
I rubbed Walnut Ink distress inks over the gears to bring them out more and also around the inside and outside of the tag, rectangle and gear.
I wasn’t happy with the way the gears looked so I die cut the gears again from some map and script scrapbook paper, and adhered them over the inked gears. I stamped the saying on the rectangle.
I thought the gears stood out too much so I rubbed some Tea Dye distress ink over them. I also rubbed a little Broken China distress ink on the bottom left gear and a little Fired Brick distress ink on the left gear. I adhered the saying to the front with adhesive dots.
To finish up, I added Tim’s Sprocket Gears, Game Spinners, Trimmings ribbon and Metal Clips (See the first picture). I’m looking forward to next month!
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.